Skip to content
6799 Bismark Rd Suite E
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Prefer email? Email us at
support [at] scicteam [dot] com

Southern Colorado Insurance Center Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Work Vehicle Insurance for Colorado Contractors

Every Colorado business, regardless of size or industry, needs to carry commercial vehicle insurance for protection from liability in the event that the owner or an employee has an auto accident while driving on company business. However, for Colorado contractors, finding the right commercial vehicle coverage can be more complex. What vehicles and machinery need to be covered? What type of coverage do you need? How much coverage is enough? Southern Colorado Insurance Center can help you find answers to these questions and more.

Cars, Trucks and Other Motorized Vehicles

A number of variables need to be considered when purchasing or updating commercial vehicle coverage for your contracting business. If you own a fleet of construction vehicles, you need to insure them. In addition to cars and trucks, your work vehicle policy needs to cover other motorized vehicles owned or used on the job. This may include

  • Golf carts
  • Trailers
  • Campers or other mobile units used on construction sites
  • Motorized heavy equipment such as backhoes and boom lifts

Sufficient Coverage for Commercial Construction Vehicles

A standard commercial auto policy will cover liability for cars, trucks and vans driven on company business. However, for Colorado contractors, this may not be sufficient. Many contractors transport equipment and construction materials to worksites. You may also have tractors, golf carts and other motorized equipment that needs to be insured. The insurance experts at Southern Colorado Insurance Center can help you determine what business personal property needs to be insured.

In addition to a commercial vehicle policy for contractors, we also offer inland marine coverage to protect construction materials en route to a job site. If you transport materials and also use onsite storage, you may need coverage to protect against onsite losses as well.

Southern Colorado Insurance Center Can Help

Whether you’re a handyman who drives a personal truck for business or a building contractor with multiple types of vehicles to insure, Southern Colorado Insurance Center can help you find the right commercial insurance coverage. Contact us today to learn more about work vehicle insurance and other products we offer in order to protect your contracting business.