Preparing for a Power Outage
- By Debbie Klisch
- Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2012
As we move into our wonderful Colorado Winter please stay safe and warm with the following suggestions from Southern Co Insurance Center:
1. Make sure you have a stock of:
Food that doesn’t need to be cooked or refrigerated;
Medicine, diapers and other health and sanitary items family members need;
Flashlights and batteries; and
A battery-powered radio for emergency information.
2. Keep your vehicle gassed up in case power outages shut down the gas stations.
3. Don’t use barbecues to heat your home to avoid the danger of carbon monoxide.
14. Formulate a plan to evacuate safely in case the worse should happen.